Facilities Assistant Job Description
Horizons Church is seeking a part-time Facility Assistant.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Janitorial services: cleaning toilets, restroom fixtures, floors, carpets, windows, and other surfaces; mopping; stocking restrooms and other areas; vacuuming; dusting; trash removal to dumpster on site. Most surfaces are reachable from floor or ladder.
- Set-up & tear-down of portable chairs & tables in large quantities.
- Sweeping of sidewalks and roof surfaces.
- Gutter cleaning.
- Basic equipment maintenance such as tire pressures, battery checks, cleaning and lubrication.
- Painting, caulking, sealing, and other minor repairs.
- Assembly of furniture, shelving, and equipment.
Should be able to lift and carry 50 lbs over short distances.
Should be comfortable working on aerial platforms at heights up to 35’.
Should be comfortable working on roof that is flat or slightly pitched.
Must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, hard-working, energetic, and a great team-player. A background check is required. Experience with common hand tools and power tools is a plus.
Work schedule will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Shift: Fridays (4) hours. Saturdays (4) hours. Must be flexible.
- On duty for at least a portion of Sunday morning services
- On duty for other church events (evenings or weekends).
- Specific attendance of other church services and events, or work hours at other specific times, may be required.
Initially, this position will require approximately 10-20 paid hours per week. Hours may increase in the future on an as-needed basis as the church facility needs grow.
$10/hour. At this time, the church is unable to offer additional benefits.
Steve Mancino, Facilities Manager at: 714-232-6117, or email@example.com