The position includes three (3) distinct areas of pastoral leadership. First, responsible for the ministry and functions related to students (grades 6-12). Second, responsible for worship. Third, responsible as an Assistant Pastor to support the Lead Pastor, and for preaching on Sunday mornings (up to 10 times/year).
Candidate must be Spirit-led and high-energy. Candidate must have a strong gospel orientation and understand the importance of preaching truth in love. Candidate should be technically-minded, leadership-focused and looking to work in a team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities as Student Pastor:
- Passionate vision/calling to minister to students in an atmosphere of community, including reaching the un-churched and ministering to students within the context of a healthy family (engaging and recognizing the primary role of parents in the student’s development).
- Skilled at recruiting and training adults to assist in reaching and discipling students.
- Equip the students by teaching from a Biblical context in an engaging, creative and relevant manner.
- Plan and coordinate student activities to include fun events, ministry events, and family-integrated events.
- Plan and coordinate student outreach and mission trips.
- Coordinate dynamic and energetic student worship based on cutting-edge musical styles.
- Able to minister to Middle School and High School students on both individual and group levels.
- Clearly communicate with students, staff, leaders, and parents regarding activities, schedule, cost and purpose of events.
- Develop and maintain web/media content for student ministry.
Duties & Responsibilities as Worship Pastor:
- Role will be supported by Assistant Worship Leader and Assistant director of Creative Arts.
- Serve as Worship Leader, but also develop a team of worship leaders.
- Recruit, train and equip volunteers.
- Work closely with the lead pastor to develop themes and integrate the various creative elements into a cohesive message that supports the sermon series and other messages of the church.
Duties & Responsibilities as Assistant Pastor
- Able to deliver the truth of God’s Word through a gospel-focused, theologically-pure, and practically-relevant manner.
- Understand the heart of preaching from books like Preaching by Timothy Keller, or other books that cover preaching foundational truths from an accurate and relevant perspective.
- Oversight and leadership of Guest Services, which includes Hospitality, Greeters, Welcome Tent and Parking Teams.
Education & Experience:
- Bible college or Seminary Graduate
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Teaching Gift
- Leadership/Administrative Gift
- Heart of a pastor
- Inspirational leader
- Tenacious and resourceful doer
- Champion of Horizons’ style of ministry
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Strong detail and task focus
- Understands team ministry concept
Pay Scale: Low 70’s
Status of Horizons Church:
The church was planted in February of 1995. Today, Horizons Church is a church of over 600 attendees, and we continue to grow. We exist to empower people to be fully devoted followers of Christ. For more information, please visit the church website.
Theology: Please see our statements of faith and core values at our website (horizonschurch.com/about).
If you are interested in applying for the position, please do the following:
- Submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and TEACHING SAMPLE to: email@example.com
- Cover letter should not be more than one page. Include who your favorite pastors to listen to are.
- Please submit one sample of you leading worship.
- Please submit one sample of a sermon or lesson delivered to a large group and one sample of a sermon delivered to students.
- Samples submitted must be in a digital format (i.e. links to videos, clips, YouTube postings, podcasts, etc.).
Rich Pennington, Lead Pastor